From humble beginnings, Keep Orange County Beautiful has always held fast to its belief that local people who cared about the environment around them could make a difference.
History inserted here
Keep Orange County Beautiful (KOCB) is a registered D/B/A for Gateway Cities Proud – Southeast Texas Inc., a Texas non-profit corporation. KOCB has been active in Orange County since 1997.
KOCB is managed by its Board of Directors.
KOCB does not have members in the traditional sense of the word. Instead “membership” is considered to be the Board of Directors and any official members of committees and sub-committees. KOCB is always seeking volunteers for their various projects promoting litter prevention, recycling, and beautification in Orange County.
KOCB is affiliated with Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep American Beautiful.
The KOCB mission includes:
- Educating the general public through local school districts and other youth and civic groups on Recycling and Litter Prevention in Orange County.
- Advocating for stronger anti-litter laws and consistent enforcement of those laws.
- Supporting the City of Orange in their effort to beautify 16th Street, Orange as the entrance into our City and County from the Interstate 10 corridor.
Our long-term vision for KOCB focuses on:
- Influencing the general public to take pride in Orange County by “Reducing Trash and Raising More Trees”.
- Encouraging youth and families to demonstrate the importance of the environment to their community through personal commitment and volunteerism.
- Sustaining Orange County’s alignment with TCEQ, Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful.
KOCB is a non-partisan organization. As an organization, we generally do not endorse or align ourselves with candidates or partisan efforts. KOCB is dedicated to the beauty of Orange County, to the people that live here, and to the efforts that have been and will continue to be needed to Keep Orange County Beautiful.
Support our mission, volunteer or donate today